Masuo Fuguda’s (Hiroshi Masuoka) book recommendation: “Kore de Ii noda 14sai.” (By Jun Fukuda)
It has been almost a year since the passing of Hiroshi Masuoka, who played Masuo on the anime “Sazae-san.” (He passed on March 21, 2020, at 84 years of age.)
When I was cleaning out my storage unit, I found an old letter from him, and wanted leave record of it.
Mr. Masuoka played Masuo Fuguda in the anime “Sazae-san” for more than 40 years, from June 1978 to August 18, 2019. He also played the role of Uncle Jam in “Soreike! Anpanman.”
The first time I worked with him was around 2009, when “Chaku-voices” were popular. He was friendly, and I felt comfortable with him right away.
When my book, “Kore de Ii noda 14sai.”, went on sale, he gave me a letter. And I found it in storage.
The letter is a treasure to me.
It is a collection of conversations with seven interesting people. It was released in 2008, making it 13 years old, but it’s still an interesting read.
“Tensai Bagabon Konin Fukudokubon – Kore de Ii no da 14sai.” (By Jun Fukuda)
1. 14sai no Kimi he, Jun Fukuda
2. Tensai no Musume ha Tensai nanoda, Rieko Akadzuka
3. Nanimokamo Hanasitazo, Shishunki no Sei, Masako Yokoyama
4. Shinkai ni Umarete Yokatta, Yuichi Kitamura
5. Himatsubushi ga Shigoto, Yukio Kitsukawa
6. Otoko to Onna no Ryoho Yattemirunoda, Neru Kisaragi
7. Bagabon Papa ha Bosatsu nanoda, Keisuke Matsumoto
8. Papa ni Naru niha Shikaku ga Iru noda, Tatsuya Ando
9. Bagabon Papa nanoda, images by Fujio Akadzuka