If I were a gaijin and wanted to live in Japan, I wouldn’t be inclined to do so as far as global indicators are concerned.
(1) No diversity!
– Not a single LGBTQ bill will pass. (We won’t know until after Congress…)
– Politics has not responded to the trend of sending people to their deaths on anonymous social networking sites.
(2) Worst gender gap among developed countries
– No understanding of the degree of marital separation.
– Women’s salaries 60% of men’s
(3) Japan’s poverty rate for single-parent families is the worst among major countries
– Leaving Single Mothers in Poverty
– The accompanying school lunch fees for the children cannot be paid.
(4) No social good. Environmental destruction does not stop.
– We are continuing to generate thermal power.
– They are trying to restart nuclear power plants.
(5) Overtime everywhere! No progress in reforming work styles
– Poor productivity relative to hours worked in developed countries
– DX is not progressing as if it were.
Kyoto Shimbun Editorial: New LGBT law: Agreement between ruling and opposition parties is a step forward
Women’s happiness is higher than men’s in “Japan, a country where women are severely discriminated against,” ranked 120th in the world. Irony: Why Men Have Low Happiness in a Male-Dominated Society
Japan’s single-parent poverty rate is one of the worst in the G7; L’Oreal’s support for single mothers.
Dentsu / Dentsu Research Institute / Japan’s Behind in Social Good Awareness / Driven by High Frequency of SNS Posting
Working Hours and Work Styles in Japan and Overseas