Talked dialogue [Ask the founder of “Eat Choku” what social issues can be solved by primary industry x IT Rina Akimoto (Representative of “Eat Choku”) x Jun Fukuda, Brand Consultant
Mr. Akimoto’s work in the D2C business of agricultural products is what will accelerate DX in Japan.
Unlike companies that are all talk, they use their own feet, Twitter, and clubhouses to listen to farmers’ voices and reflect them in their business.
No matter what the field of work, a manager living in the 21st century will not be able to survive without these three things: IT skills, the ability to see through numbers, and the ability to take action.
Mr. Akimoto is a manager who has it all. Please read on.
Talked dialogue [Ask the founder of “Eat Choku” what social issues can be solved by primary industry x IT ] (Part 2)
Rina Akimoto (Representative of “Eat Choku”) x Jun Fukuda, Brand Consultant
Akimoto: “(Eat Choku) is conscious of hiring people who have a sense of both IT and the primary industry site. We want to make this culture permeate properly even on this small scale and maintain it even as we grow larger. I think our strength to date has been our sense of balance in this area, so I want to spend the most time now on instilling a sense of organizational culture. (omitted).
I am more the type of person who pulls back and thinks objectively. I think my role now is to try to catch the overall social trend and bring it out one step earlier. For example, it is quite difficult to drop a KPI (Key Performance Indicator) like “let’s talk for an hour a week in the Twitter space or the clubhouse. If someone else in the company raises their hand to do it, it’s a story that will be wrung out somewhere else. So, I am consciously doing things that only I can do. (omitted).
As a solution, I have recently been running a “Eat Choku House” where the producers and I talk once a week for an hour in a Twitter space or clubhouse. Actually, producers are using Twitter space and Clubhouse very much. (omitted).
I’ve been listening to the radio because I’ve had my ears open, and now with the Twitter space and the clubhouse, I’m like, “There’s a disease on something (crops), do you know what it is?” I can immediately ask questions like, “What is the best way to communicate with each other? We can connect with each other all over the country during the work, which used to be a solitary process. (omitted).
As a company, our goal is to create “a world where the producer’s commitment is duly appreciated. With that said, we are still about 1% of the way through our progress, so please visit ……. I feel that we need to work on the remaining 99%. The more we run, the more we expand what we want to do. The goal keeps getting further away, and I’m at 1% the whole time.”
Editing and composition by
Photo by Wataru Mukai
Date: July 1, 2021